- About the Academies
- Our Programme
- Our Vision in Action
- News & Publications
The network of Aga Khan Academies has been established to provide exceptional students from all backgrounds with an outstanding education. Admissions are currently being accepted for the Primary Years, Middle Years and Diploma Programmes in both Mombasa and Hyderabad and for the Primary Years Programme in Maputo.
The Academy seeks students from pre-primary through higher secondary levels representing a diverse range of economic, cultural, ethnic and religious backgrounds. Students should have the ability and motivation to excel academically and should demonstrate leadership in community service and other co-curricular pursuits.
Admission is means-blind and competitive, based on student merit.
The Academy endeavours to meet the demonstrated financial need of each admitted student.
The admissions committee evaluates candidates based on a range of measures and selects those demonstrating a high level of motivation and commitment to learning, a strong sense of integrity and respect for others from diverse backgrounds.
Successful applicants typically demonstrate the following characteristics:
"The students at this institution will be distinguished not only for their academic capacity, but for their character and commitment to citizenship."
- a record of outstanding academic achievement or potential
- highly motivated and intellectually curious
- a strong sense of integrity – the capacity to judge right and wrong and to stand up for one’s principles
- a high level of social awareness, including openness and sensitivity to those of different backgrounds
- the desire to work towards, and instigate, positive change
- leadership in community service, student government and/or sporting activities
- notable accomplishments in the visual or performing arts.
Please visit the websites of the individual Academies for further information and application forms.