- About the Academies
- Our Programme
- Our Vision in Action
- News & Publications
Terms and Conditions of Use of the agakhanacademies.org Website
Welcome to the agakhanacademies.org website (the “Site”) of the Aga Khan Academies, which are part of the Aga Khan Education Services, an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (“AKDN”). The Site is owned and operated by the Aga Khan Foundation (the “Foundation”). These terms and conditions govern your use of the Site. Please read them carefully. If you do not accept these terms and conditions of use, please do not use the Site. By using the Site, you agree to abide by the following conditions of use.
2. Content Rights
The copyright and all other rights in all of the material on the Site are owned by the Foundation, other members of the AKDN, related entities or third parties (hereinafter “Rights Owner” or together “Rights Owners”). All materials on the Site are presented with the permission of the Rights Owners. The content includes photographs, images, databases, and other audio-visual material, the copyright in which is owned by the Rights Owners and, as regards Rights Owners other than the Foundation, licensed to the Foundation for display on the Site.
Unless otherwise stated, all materials on the Site may be reproduced for non-commercial informational and educational purposes without permission, provided that (i) due acknowledgement is given to the Foundation or relevant Rights Owner, (ii) no modifications are made, (iii) and all copyright legends and notices are displayed in the same form and manner as on the original. Material may only be used in the language displayed on the Site. You may not adapt, alter or create any derivative work from any of the content of the Site, without prior written permission of the relevant Rights Owner or Rights Owners. You may not republish, distribute, sell or make any other commercial use of the content, without prior written permission of the Rights Owner. You may not retrieve content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory (whether through robots, spiders, automatic devices or manual processes), without prior written permission of the Rights Owner. You may contact the Foundation at: Aga Khan Foundation, 1 – 3 Avenue de la Paix, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland, email@example.com.
You may not republish, distribute, sell or make any other commercial use of copyright material owned by a third party, without the prior written consent of that party, and such consent must be obtained directly. For avoidance of doubt, the Foundation does not represent nor does it act as an agent for these parties.
Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license in respect of the material, other than its reproduction as stated above.
All opinions expressed in any articles or other authored material on the Site are those of the respective authors themselves and do not necessarily represent the views of the Foundation.
3. Use of the Site
You may only use the Site in accordance with these terms and conditions and for lawful and proper purposes.
The Site is provided to you on an “as is” basis. There is no guarantee that the Site or any content is error-free, suitable for any particular purpose, accurate or up-to-date. You are entirely responsible for your use of the Site, and for the consequences of relying on any content. You are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it.
The downloading or other use of the material on the Site is done at your own discretion and risk, and with your agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that may result from such activities.
To the full extent allowed by applicable law, you agree that the Foundation will not be liable to you for any such damage or loss that may arise in connection with or as a result of your use of the Site, or in connection with your use of other websites linked to the Site.
Your access to the Site may be suspended, blocked or terminated at any time without prior written notice thereof.
4. Names Acronyms Symbols and Logos of Rights Owners – Use of Trade or Service Marks
The names, acronyms, symbols and logos appearing on the Site are owned by the respective Rights Owners and are protected. You shall not use or adapt any such names, acronyms, symbols and logos, nor imply that you are connected or associated with them, unless you have obtained the prior written permission of the Rights Owner. You may contact the Foundation at: Aga Khan Foundation, 1 – 3 Avenue de la Paix, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The use of trade or service marks on the Site is consistent either with the usage policy or with the consent and permission of the Rights Owner.
6. General Conditions
The information and material on the Site may be edited, improved, modified or changed at any time, without notice. The Site may be terminated at any time, without notice.
These terms and conditions of use may be modified from time to time, and any such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified terms and conditions of use on the Site. Accordingly, your continued access or use of the Site is deemed to be your acceptance of any such modified terms and conditions.
If you breach any of these terms and conditions, authorisation to access and use the Site will cease and terminate, and any material downloaded or printed from the Site in violation of the terms and conditions must be immediately destroyed.
If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these terms and conditions to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible and the remainder of the terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
Any failure to enforce or exercise any right inherent in any provision of these terms and conditions, or any related right thereof shall not constitute a waiver of that right or provision.
1. Personal Data is collected from you in various ways.
From time to time, there may be projects, programmes and services which may allow you to provide Personal Data to us via the Site. By providing Personal Data, you are consenting to the Foundation’s use of the Personal Data, and you consent that the Foundation may disclose this information to other members of the AKDN and related entities or to third party providers, inside or outside your country of residence, for data processing. You also consent to the retention of this Personal Data.
You are entitled to a copy of your Personal Data and to have it rectified or deleted as required by applicable data protection legislation. Should you have any concerns or requests regarding your Personal Data, you may send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note it may take some time to process your request and to cancel your participation, if this is requested. During any such period your Personal Data will still be available on the Site. We will endeavour to amend or remove your information from the Site as quickly as is reasonably possible.
2. No one under age is allowed to enter any Personal Data or otherwise communicate with the Site, unless the legal representative or representatives of the minor (generally the minor's parents or parent) and us formally consent in advance. Personal Data entered by a minor unbeknownst to us without such consent will be deleted from our database as quickly as possible after we become aware of the fact.
3. We use appropriate technical and organisational security measures in order to protect Personal Data against unauthorised access, accidental or intentional manipulation, loss and destruction.
5. The Foundation may disclose Personal Data when required by law or regulation or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law, comply with legal mandates, or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of personnel of the Foundation, other members of the AKDN, related entities, the Site’s users and the public.
6. The Site uses “cookies” (text files) which will be saved on your computer and which will allow an analysis of your use of the Site. This information will be used to compile reports about the Site activities for the Site operator and will facilitate provision of additional services in relation to the Site and internet utilization. If you do not wish to receive “cookies”, you may set your web browser to reject these, if your browser so permits.
7. The Site keeps track of user activity via log files stored on our web servers. The log files include information on IP addresses, browser types and versions, pages viewed, and entry and exit paths. Log files assist us in offering a personalised Web experience, diagnosing server problems, administering the website and tailoring information for the end-user.
8. When we send you emails, we may include a Web beacon to allow us to determine the number of people who open our emails and the links on which they click. Web beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive Web beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images in your email software.
10. Should you have any concerns or requests regarding your Personal Data, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Foundation at: Aga Khan Foundation, 1 – 3 Avenue de la Paix, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland.
You have the option on the Site:
- of subscribing to the Aga Khan Academies Newsletter (the “Newsletter”). In registering your name and e-mail address, you are providing your Personal Data to us via the Site. By clicking “join now” or any other such term which results in you sending us Personal Data, you are consenting to the Foundation’s use of your Personal Data to enable the Foundation to send you the Newsletter, from time to time. If you wish to cease receiving the Newsletter, then click “unsubscribe”.
- of applying for a place at an Academy. In filling out the forms, you are providing Personal Data to us via the Site. By clicking “submit” or any other such term which results in you sending us Personal Data, you are consenting to the Foundation’s use of your Personal Data to enable the Foundation to give you the requested information. You consent that the Foundation may disclose your information to third party providers, inside or outside your country of residence, for data processing.